We enter March and the Easter holidays are just around the corner. This year Easter will be the last week of March, from March 25 to April 1. For the vast majority of students the holidays will be from March 23rd to April 1st; however, for others it will be from Holy Wednesday. So there are a few days of vacation that can be used to do what we want.
Holy Week is very important for Christians, being a time that they take advantage of for reflection in Jesus Christ. For those who have a religious background these days can enjoy both celebrations and see “thrones” in the capital of Malaga. But you can also experience it in the other cities of Andalusia if you want to change during these days, among the best known are Córdoba and Seville.
For others, these days are an opportunity to rest and disconnect of the routine by doing activities to giving yourself a change of scene. If you are still undecided and don’t know how to enjoy these free days, here we give you some ideas to enjoy in Andalusia or the best cities to visit in March abroad:
- At Easter the weather tends to vary depending on the time of year in which it falls, but at the end of March it may be good weather but perhaps temperatures are a little cooler. Still, it may be the first opportunity of the year to enjoy the beach. Here on the Costa del Sol there is a great offer to enjoy a few days of sun, beach and disconnection from work.
- Hiking routes, Andalusia offers you a wide and varied network of hiking trails, with different levels of difficulty so that there is an offer for both who are experts and beginners. It is a highly recommended activity to do in group, with family or friends. We have already told you about some of the hiking trails that you have near Reserva del Higuerón.
- Bicycle Routes: Here in the south of Spain we are fortunate to have an extraordinary climate that makes it possible to travel by bicycle from one side to the other at any time of the year. A good way to discover new places, without contaminating and practising sports.
- Cultural routes: many peoples as well as civilizations prostrated their eyes in Andalusia; Iberians, Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans and Arabs who built leaving the bases of today’s cities and a cultural heritage of the most varied and priceless value.
- Gastronomy: taking advantage of the fact that we have a fantastic Mediterranean gastronomy, Easter becomes an interesting time to expand our knowledge about gastronomy in our Autonomous Community. If you dare, there are many gastronomic routes that exist to enjoy the best delicacies.
- Travelling abroad: Florence (Italy) is one of the most popular destinations to visit in March. You will find a good climate and the tranquility of not being one of the busiest times, a place where you will be enriched with all its heritage in streets, churches, squares, museums and palaces. Paris (France), is always a good time to decide to see it and March is just that moment when spring arrives and there is a bigger offer for who decide to visit it. In the Czech Republic, Prague; this city of the “100 domes” that after the snowfall shows its charm again. A fairytale place that will surprise you step by step in each of its corners. But if you are not satisfied with spring and want summer, Marrakech is what you are looking for. In March the temperatures are already quite high and it will envelop you with its colors and historical monuments.
Whatever you decide, disconnect your mobile phone and connect to life.