Luxury houses in Reserva del Higueron are in the middle of Benalmadena and Fuengirola. Last month we talked about Benalmadena o now we want you to know better Fuengirola, a traditional fishing town in Costa del Sol.
Fuengirola is a town in Western Costa del Sol, 25 km from Malaga city and only some minutes from Reserva del Higueron.
With more than 77.400 residents (sometimes in summer 250.000) is the fifth town the most populated in Malaga and one of the main touristic destination.
We recommend you some interesting places:
- Bioparc Fuengirola. Animal Park dedicated to the conservation of tropical animals who are adapted to jungle of Asia, Africa and Indo-Pacific Islands.
- Castillo Sohail. Arabic alcazaba who was built where a Roman fortress was. It is in a little mountain near Fuengirola River. Abderramán III ordered to build it in 956.
- Finca del Secretario. Archaeology site in Los Pacos. It is divided in two areas, a factory for preservation salting and a thermal area.
- Nuestra Señora del Rosario Church. The main catholic church of Fuengirola, it is in Constitucion Square and it has baroque art.
- Thermal area of Torreblanca. Archaeology site that has archaeology rest in good conditions of a thermal building.
- Beaches. Fuengirola has 8 km of sandy beaches and quiet water. Beaches are Carvajal, Torreblanca, Los Boliches-Las Gaviotas, San Francisco, Fuengirola, Santa Amalia, Ejido-Castillo.
And the best thing is that is only some minutes from your home in Reserva del Higueron!