February is when Carnivals appear, some of them are close to Reserva del Higuerón and others a perfect excuse to travel outside Spain and wear our new costume. Carnival is a colourful party that makes everyone’s heart cheerful.
Today we tell you some of the best Carnivals that take place in the world. We start with Spanish carnivals before other cities and countries.
- Carnaval de Cádiz: full of “comparsas”, “chirigotas”, quartets and choirs is one of the most famous carnivals in Spain. Every year during the months of January and February in the Gran Teatro de Falla, its Carnival Group Competition is held. This year they kicked off on January 9th where the preliminaries began until a final that will be on February 9th. So you still have time to enjoy this Carnival.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife Carnival: next to the previous one, it is also famous in Spain but also worldwide. An almost infinite carnival program of performances, parades, awards and much more that can be enjoyed until February 17th. An excuse to travel to the island and enjoy a festive atmosphere in any corner.
- The carnival of Venice: one of the most famous in the world and whose date changes every year due to it synchronizes with Lent. This 2018 will be held from 3 to 13 February, although it began on 27 January with the incredible Venetian Water Festival, in Italian La Festa Veneziana sull`acqua. A carnival that deserves to be seen once in a lifetime for its elegance and unique style. You will also enjoy one of the most romantic and beautiful cities in Italy.
- The Carnival of Cologne: This is one of the biggest and most famous carnival in Germany. This year is held from 8 to 13 February. Cologne is the oldest city in the country and is a city with a long history. Its appearance in the carnival season is totally different where streets, squares and any establishment is adorned with bright and shiny costumes. Another chance that if you can, you should not lose it.
- The Carnival of Binche: This carnival has been declared Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by Unesco (2003). This year’s date will be 11-13 February, a folkloric event whose rhythm makes those who participate feel good.
- The Carnival of Nice: The most important winter event on the “Côte d’ Azur” from 18 February to 4 March. A large number of decorations made by its artists that create a magical space for this party full of parades, colors, attractions for all audiences and much more.
- The Carnival in Rio de Janeiro: one of the biggest festivals in the world that takes place from 9 to 13 February. A carnival whose base is samba, a rhythm that permeates each and every one of the parades that take place in the streets of Rio. All samba schools will be present to show all their work offering an incredible show of colors and rhythm. They will also compete and will compete in the “Sambódromo” (it began in 1984).
- The Carnival of Oruro: will take place from 3 to 13 February, the most important of which will take place from 10 to 13 February. In this carnival, religious traditions are present alongside the indigenous traditions, where the Virgin of the Socavón is venerated. This is an important festivity in Bolivia, declared a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity by Unesco. A few days of a lot of color and folklore that are worth enjoying.
Comments are closed.