Spring is coming and with it, more sunshine hours for enjoying the day. In Costa del Sol it has a soft weather all the year, winter almost doesn’t exist and spring has days similar to summer.
In spring the average temperature is about 15-20 degrees, a perfect temperature for enjoying different plans.
If you live in Reserva del Higuerón you are a lucky person because you have a lot of plans for spring…You aren’t going to get bored!
- Caminito del Rey. One of the most popular natural path in Spain is only 74 km far away from Reserva del Higuerón. In the Gorge of Los Gaitanes, in El Chorro, it is a tour of 8 km by glass walkway, open canyons…A very interesting trip, if you try it, you will repeat it! But is isn’t recommended for people who has vertigo.
- Do a cultural visit to Malaga, it has a lot of museums: Museum Picasso, Museum Thyssen, Museum Pompidou, CAC…
- Butterfly Park of Benalmádena. 5 minutes far away from the houses of Reserva del Higuerón it is the Butterfly Park of Benalmádena, the biggest in Europe. The Thai building has more than 1500 exotic butterflies in a tropical garden of 900 square meters. You can see also birds, chameleons, turtles, fish and a Kangaroo. A perfect place for spending a spring afternoon with children. And next to it there is Estupa de la Iluminación, the biggest Stupa in Occident.
- Do any outdoor sport. We talked about the funniest sports near Reserva del Higuerón here.
- Take your first bath in the beach. Although in spring the water is cold there are a lot of persons who take their first bath of the year. If you live in Reserva del Higuerón the beach is a few minutes away from your house.
- White towns. Malaga is not only beach, there are a lot of beautiful with towns that you can visit in March, April and May. We recommend you: Ronda, Benaoján, Casares, Gausín, Algatocín, Benadalid, Parauta…
- Puerto Marina. The Marina of Benalmadena is 15 minutes away from Reserva del Higuerón and there you can enjoy a spring day sailing, doing parapente, seeing dolphins or shopping in all its shops.
- A trip to the nature. In Malaga there are a lot of hiking trails for doing with the family and spring is the best time for enjoying the nature. If you want to have a funny day far from the city you can do any of those hiking trails:
- Las Dunas de Artola. 20 minutes away from your house, before you arrive to Cabopino Beach, there is one of the best place in Malaga. The way is shallow so it is perfect for doing with kids.
- La Acequia del Guadalmina. 40 minutes away from Reserva del Higuerón, in Benahavís, you can start this hiking trail in a wood bridge. The way is shallow.
- The Mouth of Guadalhorce River. Very close to Reserva del Higuerón there is one of the most important ornithological spot in the South of Europe.
- Selwo Marina (Benalmádena) and Bioparc (Fuengirola). Reserva del Higuerón is in halfway between Benalmádena and Fuengirola, where you can go to these places that your children will love. Selwo Marina is a park where you can see dolphins, sea lions, exotic birds, crocodiles, snakes and the only one Penguinarium of Andalusia. On the other hand Bioparc of Fuengirola is an animal park focused in conservation of tropical animals of Asia, Africa and Islands of Indo-Pacific.
- Coast Walk in Mijas. This walk ranges from La Cala de Mijas to Riviera, very close to Reserva del Higuerón. It is a tour by wood walkways in parallel on Mediterranean Sea.
- Tivoli World. The only amusement park in Malaga is only 10 minutes away from Reserva del Higuerón. More than 35 amusement rides that you can enjoy from March every weekends and from April and May every day.
All of these things and more very close to your home…Enjoy the spring in Costa del Sol.
Comments are closed.